Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The next chapter of our lives..

For a bit over 2 months, I have been on Seek, Trade Me, Search4Jobs just about every night.. updating CV, adjusting cover letters, preparing for interviews.. but no, I haven't been looking for a new job (yet..).

And no, I haven't decided to change my career. I am lousy with my finances so God saves us the day I would be giving advice to others about theirs. But yes, Shirley has been looking for her first job in New Zealand since graduating end of last year.

For all that's been said about the lack of skilled employees in New Zealand these days, the responses from Shrley's job hunting has been thin, despite of her having previous work experience in China and being the top graduate in her year last year.

Well.. coming Monday marks the next chapter our lives.. because Shirley was offered and accepted a graduate accountant position last Friday at BDO Spicers!!! I can't describe how emotional, excited and proud I am when I heard the news. We are still buzzing!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Congratulations Shirley!! Now maybe you can think about setting a date!! hehehe